Tuesday's Tedious Tut

Another week, another Journ tut. This time we were expected to fill in concentric circles with the names of the most influential people in our lives? Because, you know, that's something that you can easily decide within five minutes. It did force me to confront a home truth though. The only reason I put my mother's name in one of those circles (the last one) is because I felt guilty for not thinking of her first, like a good girl should. Or better yet, putting her right in the centre of the first circle, next to my name, just because I know this is how I ought to feel about her. So to be honest the entire exercise just made me feel like a bad daughter, because I feel closer to my firends than to my family. Another point I felt was important is the fact that I personally do not tend to look up to people I don't actually know. My idols are always my peers or people I actually come into contact with on a day to day basis.

Lastly, we read out sentences we'd all contributed and took note of the way different words create different intensities of the same emotion. Its probably a good skill to have, but I dont think many people these days have acquired it. Still, it brings me back to a time when a man's likable young daughter was called an "amiable ward", not "a kif chick, eh."

0 comments:

Post a Comment