How boring life really is...via tutorial...

A tut…another tut. Like the last one I somehow feel like I haven’t learnt a whole lot. I did, however, come to realise how mundane the average day of a human being is. We just wake up, go to work or some supposed ‘educational institution’, go back home, eat and then sleep. It’s so generic. And on a broader scale, what are we doing with our entire lives? We’re born, we go to pre-school then we go to primary school then high school. After that we tend to go to universities or something to that effect and thereafter we’re expected to get jobs. Then after a few years we retire from these jobs so as to whither the rest of our years away, awaiting our deaths. Life in general has just become something so mundane, so mediocre, so unbearably standard.

However, I learnt that the people who influence this mundane life of mine are vastly different. There is a massive gap between the lifestyles of my friends and my family. For example, my friends Guy, Leo and Sahara live fairly similar lives. They’ve all dropped out of school (Guy was the only one to finish high school but he dropped out of university at the end of first year). Wake up at about 2pm every day and start the afternoon off with a bong or two. This is followed by hours and hours of procrastination and general substance consumption (I will not refer to it as abuse because that would be false representation). They play music, they go surfing, they play games, they go for walks. They are, quite simply, bohemians (or sponges on society – whichever way you want to look at it). My family, however, is ridiculous. Both parents are doctors, sister is a law student who’s about to finish top of her class. She’s going to work at some big law firm. How sad. Nevertheless, all these people shape my life in some (strange) way, yet they are all so different.

0 comments:

Post a Comment