The Great Adventure!!!

I had survived, the whole of my first year at Rhodes University, I had survived without entering into a world I was admittedly clueless about, the library. I had successfully managed to avoid at all costs entering into this unusual world, where dorks and nerds flourished, books were cool, and photocopiers were my own worst nightmare.
However, the time had come, it was my the second to last week of lectures before the November exams started and my time as a first year would come to an end, but the time HAD come for me to make my first terrifying adventure into the world of the strange and unknown (the library). As usual my Friday sociology tutorial was sneaking up on me, and it was time that I started doing my usual rounds, trying to borrow the readings that were needed for the tut from a friend, but oh no, this time was different, this time there were no readings to be found...What was I to do, I scurried around trying to find anything I could possibly use, but my mission was a failure. This Friday sociology tutorial defeated me, it forced me to take the adventure of all time, my first adventure into... the library.
I prepared myself, gathered all the necessary materials, materials that could save my life, and I took the long and treacherous journey to... the library. As I entered the humongous doors, doors which lead me to a world filled with unknown creatures and untold triumphs, I was determined not to be defeated once again. I walked with my head held high and my smart face on; this was going to be one for the books... I marched up and firmly asked for the two books I needed, luckily the unfamiliar creature behind the desk understood me (as I had no idea what hog pog he was spitting out) and got the books I needed. But oh no, he asked me for my life card (Student card) so that he could do this thing he called “initialising your card”, what this meant I had no idea, and I didn’t even have the card with me. However, thanks to my swift intelligence and pure charming powers I was able to convince him to hold my drivers card as hostage, whilst I quickly photocopied the books, instead.
I left the creatures station and started my journey to the photocopying room, which was thankfully clearly marked and close by. As I entered this loud room I watched the mortals scurrying around making more noise on these machines, swiping cards and magically producing photocopies, and through my intense craftiness I figured out exactly what needed to be done.
However, much to my dismay what needed to be done required my life card, so I left the room of noise and asked the man behind the desk to keep the books for me, but what I didn’t know was that he was actually an evil creature and would not keep than for me, he just left the books on the shelf... to get taken. I could not let this happen, my sociological future rested in the pages of those books, so I ran, so fast I felt as though time stood still, to get my life card. Finally I had it and the race back to the library began, but this time I was not fast enough and an enemy sociologist had taken one of the books, what was I to do now... then I remembered my supersonic scanning powers, I ran back to the room of noise (the photo copying room) and scanned every mortals book until I found the one that had been unrightfully stolen from me. Huh, I found it, now all I needed to do was come up with a mischievous, yet brilliant, plan to get it back... however, I was mistaken earlier the mortal was not an enemy, she was a kind and loving soul, who offered the book to me, without me even having to use any of my special powers on her.
I now had my two books, which magically turned into two photocopies, once my life card had been swiped, triumph!!! I then handed those books in and left with my head held high, I had done it; I had fought the brave fight against this strange world, AND WON!!! But oh no... My driver’s card, the evil in that strange dimension had stolen it, so I was off; once again, to another battle, but this time, it was personal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment