Sheep Go To Heaven, Goats Go To Hell.

By Kate Couzyn

I overheard a conversation in the Jacaranda Labs this weekend about sexuality. Two young women behind me were chatting about lesbianism as they worked. “Its just not what God intended for us” said the one, immediately incensing and disgusting me. “Exactly”, agreed the other girl, “They’re going against nature”.

Here we find an example of something that has always been an issue to me. Religious fanatics who think they know everything about sexuality. With my best friend currently entering into a lesbian relationship, I took more offense than usual. How can she possibly be unnatural? Why should she go to hell for loving another human being? More importantly than that, how can homosexuality be unnatural if it’s been around since the dawn of life?! Perhaps it’s not my place as an atheist to point this out, but the bible makes mention of homosexuality often. This proves it was around even then, and it points to homosexuality being a natural and logical evolutionary state.

In the natural world there are plenty of examples of animals enjoying homosexual acts.
Now you can go and do all the research you want, but I assure you, there is no example of a species which does not exhibit homosexual behaviour, excluding animals that don’t actually have sex at all. There are dozens of examples of hermaphrodites in the animal kingdom too, such as hyenas, who show signs of enjoying trans-sexuality and bisexual sex.

If you’re going to be a closed minded sheep, I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself. For those of us who embrace homosexuality – well it only means there are more people in the world to love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment