Politics Suicide!


Politics Suicide:
Running side by side with my friend Adele to a Politics lecture, spot checking our watches and quickening our pace to get to the lecture before he closed the doors! Little did I know that this would be the one and only politics lecture I would ever attend!

Gasping for air and throwing my bag on the table, I sat myself down and placed my phone on the table. Adele had readied herself for the lecture, placing her notes in front of her and holding a pen. ‘I wouldn’t be on your phone in this lecture if I were you!’. Adele had warned me before entering the lecture that people who were playing on their phones would be publicly humiliated! Oh did I find this out!

Ten minutes into the lecture I sat playing on my phone and occasionally glimpsing at the lecturer, Professor Peter Vale, who unbeknown to me had spotted my illegal activities already. Waiting for the perfect moment, when I wasn’t looking he stopped talking and loudly yelled, ‘The girl playing with her hair, you are really annoying me! Stop it!’. I spun round looking to see who he could possibly be talking about but he gazed was fixed firmly on me! I sat very quietly, trying ever so hard to bring my blush down from a fiery red to a normal blush. The lecture carried on and I continued to stare at the slides and slowly grabbed my phone and continued to text when he wasn’t looking.

Towards the end of the lecture, he randomly picked people to answer some questions and who did he pick? Me! He asked me a question (having no idea what he was going on about) and I simply shrugged and said ‘I don’t know.’ His response was ‘You don’t know! You’ve been annoying me all this time and you don’t know the answer!’
My face turned the same colour as the inside of a furnace. I was so embarrassed!

Nevertheless, I ran out that lecture swearing never to return!

0 comments:

Post a Comment