Sleeping for 16 hours...so much for life-changing.

Have you ever wanted to just lie there, unconscious? Just to forget – or at least be oblivious to everything? Maybe even create illusions in your mind of “what is and what will never be” (yes, I quote Led Zeppelin often). I thought that sleeping for about 16 hours would achieve just that. I thought I’d be able to empty the bucket of my mind and refill it with something quite different for once. But no, I was mistaken. All that happened was that I woke up feeling drowsier than before with the intense sensation of dry mouth. It didn’t help one tiny bit. Everything I’d been trying to shut out promptly swarmed back into my mind upon my return to the conscious world (whether real or not), defeating the very purpose of my (lack of) exercise. I felt unchanged, as if I had only taken a brief sabbatical from the harshness of reality. I was still the same person. I still had the same thoughts. I remained unchanged. There was no altered state of mind. There was no life-changing vision. There was nothing. So much for sleeping for 16 hours…it cleanses nothing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment