Mastur-crasti-nation

How do you know when to stop? Is that point marked by the amount of sweat on your brow? Is the finish line accompanied by cramping muscles and aching tendons? I couldn't let those things stop me. I neither deserved the repreive nor could I afford to stop. this was a position I had got myself into knowing exactly what I would have to do to fix things up again.

They say that procrastination is a lot like masterbation: it feels great while you are doing it but at the end of the day, you are only screwing yourself. This little mantra is something I have kept in mind throughout my first year at varsity. Why is it, then that I find myself in my current situation of having too much on my plate with not enough hours in the day to accomplish said tasks? So much in fact that I had to spend an entire night in the music department to practice for an exam!

When I say I spent the night in the department, I mean I took a kettle, coffee and a pillow into one of the practice rooms at 7pm one night and I only left at 8am the next morning. What an experience. To my consternation, this exercise in flagellation was actually rather pointless due to the fact that in my lesson the next day, I was too exhausted to put to use all the work I had done the previous night.

Note to self (and anyone wise enough to read this): DON'T LET IT GET THIS BAD!!! You will end up regretting it. Oh and don't forget the side order of judgement that it comes with. For some reason, everyone who tries to get involved, believes that what they have to say is news that you yourself have never thought of before; that you shouldn't have left your work load to the last minute. Well duh! We all know what we should be doing with regards to work load; consistent daily work and revision.

Telling people that they should have done things the proper way, serves no real purpose. It just serves to agrivate the person being lectured.

So here I sit: with my instrument in my hand, trying to make up for lost time alone in the dark.

0 comments:

Post a Comment